Dr. Deepak Koppaka
Consultant Medical Oncologist
Past Roles and Experience
Dr. Deepak Koppaka worked as a consultant Medical Oncologist at American Oncology Institute/Citizens.
- MBBS from G.S.L. Medical College, Rajahmundry (NTRUHS) in 2011
- MD in Radiation Oncology from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh in 2014
- DM in Medical Oncology form Kidwai Cancer Institute, Bangalore (RGUHS) in 2018
- Association of Radiation Oncologists of India
- European Society for Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Indian Society of Oncology
- UAE Cancer Congress 2017 (UAECC17), Dubai UAE - Poster Presentation
- Indian Cancer Congress 2017, Bangalore India - Poster Presentation
- ESMO Asia 2017 Congress 2017, Singapore - Poster Presentation
- Selected for Mini Oral presentation at ESMO Asia 2018 Congress 2018, Singapore
- NZAROICON-2013, Best paper Presentation
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO) 2017, Third prize Innovation in Oncology-Lung cancer edition
- Indian Cancer Congress 2017, ESMO-Asia travel grant- ISMPO
Dissertations and Projects
- Impact of integration of Positron Emission Tomography-Computer Tomography (PET-CT) in Radiotherapy planning of Non-Small Cell Carcinoma Lung. (PGIMER) - Dissertation (M.D.)
- Assessment and comparison of CISNE model versus MASCC model in clinically stable febrile neutropenia patients. Kidwai Cancer Institute - Dissertation (D.M.)
- Ex vivo expansion and characterization of circulating non-small cell lung cancer cells for individualized drug susceptibility testing. Kidwai Cancer Institution, Institute of Bioinformatics.
- Concordance between clinically relevant targetable mutations detected on tumour tissue and cell-free tumour DNA using next-generation sequencing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A prospective study. Kidwai Cancer Institution, Indian Institute of Science.
- A study of recurrent /metastatic breast cancer in relation to their primary subtype, pattern of recurrence and the discordance rate of ER, PR and HER2. Kidwai Cancer Institute.
- A Prospective Study to Determine the Clinical Characteristics and Response to Treatment in Double Expressor DLBCL among All DLBCL Patients in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India. Kidwai Cancer Institute.
- CXCR-4 expression and its correlation with Clinical- Biological characteristics in patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Kidwai Cancer Institute.
- A Prospective study to evaluate Pathological, Radiological response, Toxicity profile, and Pharmacoeconomics of IAP and AP Regimens in localized high-grade osteosarcoma as Neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Role of pre-phase treatment prior to definitive chemotherapy in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Silver Medal (first order) in MD Radiation Oncology at PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology: Gold Medal (Best outgoing Medical Oncology Postgraduate, National Level), 2018
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology- Torrent Young Scholar Award (National Level), 2018- Winner
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology- Torrent Young Scholar Award, (National Level), 2018- Best Orator Award
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Asia 2018 Congress- Merit Award
- 36th ICON (Indian Cooperative Oncology Network) - National level Quiz – First place, 2017
- 37th ICON (Indian Cooperative Oncology Network) - National level Quiz – Second place, September 2017
- Innovation in Oncology-Lung cancer edition, Indian Society of Oncology (ISO) - National level Quiz – First place, 2017
- 4th Sun's Platform for Education, Awareness & Knowledge (SPEAK), National level Quiz – First place, 2017